Tatum and the Celtics visit Atlanta with a 2-1 series lead in playoffs
ATLANTA, Ga. (AP) - The Boston Celtics and Atlanta Hawks are preparing for another potential clash at State Farm Arena in Atlanta in the Eastern Conference first round with the Celtics holding a 2-1 lead in the series.
The Boston Celtics (57-25, second in the Eastern Conference) vs. Atlanta Hawks (41-41, seventh in the Eastern Conference).
Atlanta; Sunday, 7 p.m. EDT
FANDUEL SPORTSBOOK NBA LINE: Hawks -5.5; over/under is 232
EASTERN CONFERENCE FIRST ROUND: Celtics lead series 2-1
BOTTOM LINE: The Hawks won the last meeting 130-122 on April 21 led by 32 points from Trae Young, while Jayson Tatum scored 29 points for the Celtics.
The Hawks are 26-26 in Eastern Conference games. Atlanta is the top team in the Eastern Conference averaging 54.3 points in the paint. Clint Capela leads the Hawks scoring 10.7.
The Celtics are 34-18 in conference games. Boston is third in the league with 35.6 defensive rebounds per game led by Tatum averaging 9.7.
TOP PERFORMERS: Young is averaging 26.2 points and 10.2 assists for the Hawks. Dejounte Murray is averaging 20.8 points, 4.6 assists, and 1.7 steals over the past 10 games for Atlanta.
LAST 10 GAMES: Hawks: 5-5, averaging 119.6 points, 47.6 rebounds, 25.9 assists, 8.6 steals, and 4.7 blocks per game while shooting 47.9% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 120.2 points per game.
- Hawks lose to Celtics 119-106, fall into big 0-2 playoffs hole
- Georgia native Brown scores 29, Celtics hold off Hawks 112-99
- Jaylen Brown, Al Horford propel Celtics to comeback win in Game 1 of Finals
- How to Watch the Hawks vs. Celtics: Streaming & TV Channel Info for NBA Playoffs Game 1
- Onyeka Okongwu, Top Hawks Players to Watch vs. the Celtics - April 9
- Georgia native Brown, former Hawk Horford pose challenges for Hawks
- Schedule for Hawks-Celtics playoff series announced
- State Farm Arena to host watch party for Hawks Game 2 against Celtics
Copyright 2023 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.